Agreed. Do you get channel 102 on Adelphia Cable, The Science Channel? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
The day has come for which I have long awaited. The IAU (International Astronomical Union) has stripped Pluto of it's status as the 9th planet in our solar system. Being an astronomy buff, I could never understand why it was considered a planet in the first place. Just another major Kuiper Belt object if you ask me.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060824/...nce_planets_dc
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
Agreed. Do you get channel 102 on Adelphia Cable, The Science Channel? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Actually a few weeks back, when this debate was going on about what and what wasn't a planet, they were saying there was 12 planets.
So whats it going to be now
My
Very
Educated
Mother
Just
Served
Us
Nachos
instead of
Nine
Pickels
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
I watched a show a few weeks ago on the Science Channel that was talking about all of the objects that are in the Kuiper Belt. They said that you could actually say there were hundreds of planets. Especially, if you counted things like Pluto, which is just a ball of ice and smaller than our moon.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Yeah I read something online where they was talking about the 12 and someone was saying there could be 100s actually. I think there should be 100s then watch kids try to memorize it [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif[/img]
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
I bet Mickey's really ticked off about Pluto.
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I read something online where they was talking about the 12 and someone was saying there could be 100s actually. I think there should be 100s then watch kids try to memorize it
[/ QUOTE ]
I can see some of the oldtimers now "Back in my day we learned all the planet names in an afternoon kids today are lazy" LOL
Thats a bunch of BS! Everbody knows that Pluto should be a planet! They need to stick that decision up their Uranus! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Bookmarks